Monday, December 31, 2012

Tick-Tock

Another year is about to slip away. Another year is holding in the wings, awaiting its grand entrance. I do wonder what she will bring with her as she strolls on in. But I am no prophet. So I pack away my wonderings and will march into the new year grasping one item with all my might and strength...faith. I know what I know and will seek to know more. Musings I will attempt to leave on the shelf.

On second thought, though, I will sneak one other thing past the customs agents: hope!  Adding hope to faith will put me in good standing I am sure. I can think of no better recipe for contentment.

So the New Year's imminent arrival is not necessarily a reason for ballyhooing...nor do I feel the need to medicate. I sit here...well, restful.  See you next year!!

2 comments:

  1. Ballyhooing: noisy shouting or uproar.
    I used to actively participate in the various debaucheries associated with New Years Ballyhoos...and no, not a whole lot of fun.
    On the other hand, there are some other ballyhoos like the ones my children make and some made at the rifle range and some made at our Men's Fellowships that are immensely fun.
    Next time you visit our home we will try to put on a sensational ballyhoo for you!

    ReplyDelete