Sunday, October 3, 2010

Nature of God

Exodus 33:13
"Now therefore, I (Moses) pray You (God, YHWH), if I have found favor in Your sight, let me know Your ways that I may know You."
Many have asked to know God, to know Who He is, to know His Name, to know what He looks like, to know about Him...to know His nature. Books have been written about that very subject. Our Book Club is reading one right now. So Who is God? What is He like?
John 8:19
"So they were saying to Him, 'Where is your Father?' Jesus answered, 'You know neither Me nor My Father; if you knew Me you would know My Father.'"
...hmmmm...so if I know Jesus then I know the Father.
So how do I get to know Jesus?
Colossians 1:15
"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on the earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominion of rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things and in Him all things hold together."
WOW! That is pretty powerful. Jesus created everything. Everything was created for Him. Jesus holds it all together. Nothing is greater or more important than Him...NOTHING! And so...it seems it would be very easy to get to know Him. And it is easy:
Romans 10:1,9,17
"Brethren, my heart's desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation...that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;...So faith comes from hearing and hearing by the Word of Christ."
Jesus wants to save us; He came to save us. (John 3:16-17) That is a pretty good start to getting to know Jesus.
Can't wait to know more? Open your Bible and start reading...faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of Jesus. Listen to Him. Receive the gift He freely gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment