Monday, August 1, 2011

Judges 18

Such a sad, sad story. The tribe of Dan is about to inherit their portion of the land given them by God. Like a child on his birthday, they are about to open God's special present to them. But from the very first they go astray; and never return to the Lord. They remain steeped in their sin until the Captivity!! They take the present from God, slap Him in the face, turn their backs on Him, and then go and adopt their own idea of God.

I, like King David in Psalm 69:18, cry out to the Lord: "Draw near to my soul, redeem it; Deliver me because of my enemies." I sure don't want to be like Dan! Yet it is amazing how easy I can.

Revelation 7 includes a specific listing of how the special 144,000 will be divided up amongst the tribes of Israel. Two tribes are omitted from this list; Dan is one (Ephraim the other). I wonder if their longstanding rebellion against God is the cause for this omission...hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment