Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Prayer

I spent the afternoon praying.

After lunch, I came home and took a shower and prayed all afternoon. I prayed until dinner. It was wonderful.

I prayed for everyone I could think of and every thought that came to mind. I asked Jesus question after question and His peace flowed through my body. I loved it.

No wonder Jesus kept trying to get away!

It's one of those things that, even if I did it for a long time, I don't mind doing it again. The only reason I stopped was because of meeting I had scheduled.

Now I know that God didn't call me to spend every afternoon praying the way I did. Tomorrow, I'll be so busy, I will have to pray as I go. Such are church days.

Sometimes I wonder if church is supposed to be so much work. We work so hard to put on church for the people that come, and I wonder if that's what Jesus had in mind when He talked of the church.

I don't want to say that what we're doing is wrong. I firmly believe that the men who are running the church I'm apart of fully believe they are following the Lord's leading with every decision they make.

I recognize my questions as questions of youth and although I'm to old to blindly make foolish accusations and call for change, I would still like to understand how things got the way they are and why they should stay that way.

I'm all for change as long as it's a good change. I just spend a lot of time in meetings and doing things that I don't see the benefit in doing. But I'm still young...ish and I know it. So I'll keep doing things in faith that they have a purpose that I don't know about yet.

And I will continue to pray that God deliver me from what is useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment