Monday, November 29, 2010

reading rainbow

Let's read our Bibles, people!! God's Word...that's not just a title. The Bible is just that: God's Word. It is Him speaking to us. I can't tell you how many times I have wanted a sign, a word, a proof of God. I can't remeber how many times others have told me they wanted to know God but just couldn't. And the whole time He was sitting right there in front of us. In hotel rooms. In many of our houses...sometimes multiple copies (I think there are about 18 in my house!). In stores: Walmart, grocery stores, Barnes & Noble.

I know of a man who has read through the Bible 2-4 times a year for 50 years. That is about 150 read-throughs. I have known people who have read through the Bible in just under two months.

So let's make a deal. Let's read it!! And not just a couple verses or just a chapter. The Jr. Highers in our church have committed to 15 minutes a day...Bravo!! Adults...lets take it to the next level. Lets read it like a novel. Like a Harry Potter book...like a Grisham or Clancy thriller. Let's tear through it. Soak it in. Soak it up. Start in Genesis tonday! Just pick it up and just read--every spare minute you have...READ. Get off the net, put down the remote, unplug the TV, put aside all the unnecessary stuff. Right now. I'll check back in a week and let's see how far we get! Who's with me?!?! What's the worst that can happen?...will God speak to us?..will He make Himself known to us? See you in a week. Pray for me. I will pray for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment